Welcome to the University of Arizona Saxophone Studio Website
Greetings and welcome to the UA Saxophone Studio Website, a site designed for current UA studio personnel, prospective students, and the saxophone community at-large. Please visit the site often to check for updated information and added links.
The Saxophone Department enjoys a wonderful tradition here at The University of Arizona School of Music. UA saxophone graduates have attained prestigious positions as music educators, graduate students in other heralded institutions, artist/teacher performers in higher education and studio musicians. UA saxophone alumni can also be found throughout every facet of the music industry. The School of Music features many outlets for saxophone performance including three concert bands, two jazz bands, jazz combos, the UA Saxophone Ensemble, student saxophone quartets, a member of the Camerata Career Development Program Artist Roster, as well as the Annual Concerto Competition and numerous solo opportunities on Studio and Woodwind/Brass Area Recitals.
Whether you are pursuing a career as a certified music teacher, performing musician, academic scholar, or music industry executive, your studies within the saxophone program at UA are focused first and foremost on making you the best artist you can be, and I eagerly await the opportunity to assist you in finding your inner voice and musical identity.
What you’ll find here at UA
- Highly individualized instruction by dedicated School of Music faculty.
- A supportive learning community where all musicians are encouraged to reach their highest potential.
- Artistic and academic excellence at one of the nation’s premiere research universities.
- Free access to UA’s professional quality, multi-track Recording Studio, an incredible opportunity to build your recording skills and portfolio. Completing an internship in the recording studio is a great way to gain marketable skills and real-world experience.
- Graduate Assistantships are available in saxophone, as well as generous performance and academic merit scholarships for in-state and out-of-state tuition.
- UA is home to two orchestras and two wind ensembles; the Pride of Arizona Marching Band and UA Jazz Ensemble; UA Chamber Winds and Arizona Baroque; Student Composer concerts; world music ensembles, and award-winning chamber ensembles.
- UA’s nationally-recognized Music Education program boasts a 100% job placement rate.
• UA is a Research One land grant institution and Arizona’s flagship public university, offering incredible opportunities for study abroad and Division One athletics, not to mention an amazing climate year-round. The natural beauty of the Arizona desert cannot be matched.
• Tucson is a culturally rich city with an exciting performing arts community. In 2015, Tucson was designated a UNESCO World City of Gastronomy.
Please take a moment to browse the School of Music website, and send me an email to arrange an audition or a visit to our beautiful campus at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Dr. Edward Goodman
Professor of Saxophone